Roman Kopelevich’s Red Sea Media will bring eight completed titles to the Cannes market and handling international sales. The company’s expanded sales slate includes:
- MORNING – Written and directed by Leland Orser, starring Jeanne Tripplehorn (“Criminal Minds,” “Big Love,” FRAGMENTS), Laura Linney (THE FIFTH ESTATE, “The Big C,” HYDE PARK ON HUDSON) and Leland Orser (“ER,” TAKEN, THE GAMBLER). Five days in the life of an American couple immediately following the accidental death of their child. An everyday story of tragedy, loss, acceptance, hope and renewal.
- PAWS, BONES & ROCK’N’ROLL (Screening in Market) – Directed by Maxim Sveshnikov (SNOW QUEEN) and produced by Timur Bekmambetov (UNFRIENDED, BEN-HUR, WANTED), PAWS, BONES & ROCK’N’ROLL premiered at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. Two dogs enjoy being home alone when their owners go away on vacation. By themselves, they are able to play around the entire house, but their fun is interrupted when two burglars try to break in and they must defend their home!
- IT’S ALREADY TOMORROW IN HONG KONG (Screening in Market) – Written and directed by Emily Ting (REALITY CHECK, FAMILY INC., THE DISTANCE BETWEEN), starring Jamie Chung (THE HANGOVER II, SIN CITY 2, BIG HERO 6) and Bryan Greenberg (“How to Make it in America,” FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS). The film will world premiere next month at the Los Angeles Film Festival. An attraction forms when a Chinese American girl visiting Hong Kong for the first time meets an American expat, but timing may not quite be on their side. A year later, their chance encounter gets a second chance.
- ALIENATE – Directed and produced by Michael Shumway and written by Rick Hansberry and Lex Hogan, starring Blake Webb (WAFFLE STREET), Tatum Ponce (MISSED CONNECTIONS) and Jaclyn Hales (UNICORN CITY, CHANGING HEARTS). At the end of his marriage, David leaves finds himself trapped on an airplane during an alien invasion, David fights to return home.
- BLACKLINE: THE BEIRUT CONTRACT – Written and directed by Christian Johnston (“The Longest Day,” STATE OF CONTROL, “Carpe Diem”) starring Max Ryan (SEX AND THE CITY 2, DEATH RACE), James Moses Black (GET HARD, GET SMART, LETTING GO) and Annika Peterson (THE DEVIL YOU KNOW, THE MAN FROM EARTH). Three soldiers are hired by a start-up private military company for a high dollar contract to rescue a man taken hostage in Beirut, Lebanon.
- LUMBERJACK MAN – Directed by Josh Bear and written by successful video game writing duo Ed Kuehnel and Matt Entin, starring Michael Madsen (RESEVOIR DOGS, KILL BILL: VOL 1, DONNIE BRASCO), Hector Beccera (MY ALL AMERICAN) and Jasmin Carina. As the staff of Good Friends Church Camp prepares for a spring break filled with ‘fun under the sun,’ a demon logger rises from his sap boiler to wreak his vengeance and feast on flapjacks soaked in the blood of his victims.
- PALE HORSE – Directed and co-written by Pearry Reginald Teo (CLOUD ATLAS, STRANGE BLOOD, DRACULA: THE DARK PRINCE) alongside Ryan Brookhart and S. Wayne Durham, the film stars Sewell Whitney (HE WAS A QUIET MAN, BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, AGAINST THE GRAIN), Alexandra Fritz (KILLING HASSELHOFF) and Brandon Van Vliet (UP NORTH, TRUST ME, HUNTING BUDDIES).
- GNOME ALONE – Directed by Timothy Woodward Jr. (THROWDOWN, SWAT: UNIT 887, CHECKMATE) and John Michael Elfers (FINALE), starring Verne Troyer (AUSTIN POWERS: THE SPY WHO SHAGGED ME) and Kerry Knuppe (“The Craigslist Killer,” LIKE A COUNTRY SONG). When Zoe inherits the magical protection of a bewitched Gnome, she quickly realizes that he isn’t your garden variety gnome.